When lifts or machines suffer a breakdown or another form of loss or damage it can result in unexpected and costly repair bills, not to mention a source of frustration or inconvenience.
LOLER – Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – states that a Passenger lift should be inspected every 6 months.
A Machinery Options Policy can combine an Inspection Service with Insurance Cover. In the event of a sudden and unforeseen damage occurring our policy can cover the cost of repair or replacement of this inspected machinery.
Most claims fall under the two categories – Accidental Damage and Mechanical breakdown
Key Features of an Engineering Policy
- Inspection to ensure that your lifts are safe to use and in good working order, to give you peace of mind
- 6 monthly inspections included as standard
- Liability under contract limit to £10,000,000
- Plant that can be covered include Passenger Lifts, Roller Shutter Doors, Pressure Plant (communal boilers), Electric Gates, Runway Tracks to name but a few.
What to expect from your Inspection?
- An inspection will be performed by an Insurance Approved qualified engineer who may also provide advice on maintenance and usage.
- A certificate will be issued following the inspection and it will also highlight any faults or defects that may need fixing.
For more details about Engineering Insurance, call Steph and her team on 01425 486541 or email email@example.com.