Steve Webber, Director of Maidmans Moving & Storage, has many years’ experience in the moving and storage industry. Mr & Mrs K asked for some advice on decluttering before selling their home.
Steve says: “When selling your home there are many reasons to declutter. When you visit new show homes they are ‘dressed’ to show off rooms as bright & spacious. Prospective buyers will often make a higher offer for a clean & tidy property”.
These few tips will help you to declutter and organise your house before selling:
- Ask yourself ‘do I really need or want it?’ If the answer is no, declutter it!
- Furniture could be sold or donated to charity.
- If you have not worn clothing in over a year, don’t waste time moving it.
- Sort through your paperwork and discard or shred anything that you really don’t need; Maidmans offer a shredding service.
- Declutter your shed, attic and garage in good time. This will take longer than you think. Dispose of paint pots, chemicals, and any flammable liquids responsibly.
Steve says: “Remember that removal companies base their price on the volume to be moved, as well as the distance. The more items you move, the greater the removal cost. Why pay to move things which you will just discard once you arrive at your new home.
Should you decide to declutter before your house goes on the market, Maidmans offer a range of storage options.
For further information or to book a free visit and quote call
t. 01202 375069
a. Unit 1, 2 Willis Way, Fleets Lane Ind Est, Poole BH15 3SS
Maidmans Moving & Storage you’re in safe hands!