Understanding insurance valuations for block of flats

Buildings should always be insured for the amount it would cost to rebuild them.

If you are over-insured, you are probably paying too much for your building’s insurance. If you are underinsured, you face a reduced pay-out in the event of a claim. Insurance claims can be reduced by hundreds of thousands of pounds due to under-insurance.

As a broker we recommend that you have your building professionally assessed every 3-5 years to ensure your declared value is adequate, to avoid any liability to you.

Getting someone to visit your block of flats to carry out a professional assessment can be time consuming and very expensive. However, thanks to our partnership with RebuildCostAssessment.com we can offer a reliable low-cost service from a ‘Regulated by RICS’ (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) organisation. This is a fantastic and affordable online service which can protect your property from the potentially severe consequences of under  insurance.

For more details about Blocks of Flats Insurance, call Steph and her team on 01425 486541 or email stephanie.selby@aoig.co.uk.

T. 01425 486541
E. stephanie.selby@aoig.co.uk


Leave a Reply