The inaugural BH Star Awards, the independent awards which support tourism,
hospitality and retail were launched this Autumn at Banque and Boheme.
(Photographed above: Route PR & Events)
The awards honour and bring public recognition for varied achievements and positive contributions from those professionals working across the sectors.
Each category selection will not only recognise and celebrate the BH region’s best-loved tourism businesses, but also enhance hospitality and include the burgeoning quality retail sector.
Covering the BH postcode areas – Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Wimborne, plus the surrounding towns and villages – entrants may work in tourism, retail and hospitality. A celebratory semi-finalist event will follow, culminating in a gala dinner in Spring 2019.
The awards have won the backing from several of the South’s leading businesses which include: Country Fare, County Foods, Eskimo EPOS, Meridian Lifts, MPloy, Meridian Air Conditioning, Nativ, Oceana Hotel Group and with support from Templar Wines, Wave 105 and Bournemouth Daily Echo.
The categories include:
- Chef of the Year Award
- The Rising Star Award
- Mix Master Award
- Investing in People Award
- The Leading Star (The Super Star) Award
- Top of the Class Education Award
- Customer Service Star Award
- Top Table – The Dining Experience of the Year Award
- Café/Tearoom of the Year Award
- BH Pub of the Year Award
- The Large Hotel Award
- The Boutique Hotel Award
- Self Catering Accommodation Award
- New Business Award
- The Shopping Experience Award
- Future Proofing – The Innovation or Product Award
- The Environment and Sustainability Award
- The Community Award
- Here 2 There Award
- Business Tourism and Venue Award
- Learning Experience of the Year Award
- Attraction of the Year Award
- Spa, Pampering and Wellbeing Experience of the Year Award
- Tourism Event/Festival Award
- The Night Time Award
The closing date for entries is the 8th January 2018. To find out more visit www.bhstars.co.uk or email email@example.com
ABOVE: Country Fare
ABOVE: (Left) Joanne Tomlin, Meridian Lifts; (Right) Prince and Dorothy NATIV
ABOVE: Oceana Hotel Group, Kevin Woods and team
Photos credit RoutePR.