Steve has many years’ experience in the moving and storage Industry.
Mrs. R asked, ‘What advice can you give me about planning my move?’
Steve replied: “It is always advisable to call in a removal company at least 4 weeks in advance of your anticipated moving date.
“Careful organisation and forward planning can certainly minimise the stress of moving to a new home. All British Association of Removers (BAR) members, are happy to offer a quotation as soon as you consider moving. This will help you plan your budget.
“We can work from a provisional moving date and once you have a firm date, we can revisit and refine the quotation with any specific requirements you may need.
“It is our policy to turn around all our quotations within a 24-hour period. When you sign & return the acceptance we will arrange the move for you.”
Steve suggests it will be advisable to also consider the distance you will be moving. He says: “Moving longer distances or moving to a new country may mean that you need to arrange to ship items and arrange overnight accommodation. It is worth planning in case of issues such as customs and bio-security clearances, and any storage issues on arrival”.
Here are some other pointers to help you achieve a stress free move:
- Check you have insurance cover either from your remover or house insurer covering the move.
- Make a list of everyone who should be notified about your change of address.
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure.
- Arrange for your post to be forwarded.
- Check the estate agent has your contact detail to arrange the hand over of keys.
- Use a BAR registered remover.
- For a more detailed list call or email us.
Do you have a question for Steve? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact details below.
For further information or to book a free visit and quote call:
t. 01202 375069
a. Maidmans Moving & Storage, Unit 1, 2 Willis Way, Fleets Lane Ind Est, Poole BH15 3SS